The Dorcas Trust
The Dorcas Trust is a registered S18A Public Benefit Organisation which draws its name from Acts 9v36: “36 In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (in Greek her name is Dorcas); she was always doing good and helping the poor.”
The trust was founded to house the charitable arm of Austen Dundas Properties, with the focus of the work of the trust being the non-profit altruistic and philanthropic support of destitute woman and children, as well as the granting of educational busaries. This is borne out through the following channels:
- Financial support to destitute women and children. This includes living costs for those who cannot find work or who are too young to find work, school uniforms and stationery and basic household items.
- Bursaries for deserving candidates at school and varsity level
- Financial support of other S18A PBOs and NGOs working in previously disadvantaged areas
The Dorcas Trust S18A PBO Reference number is 930058578.
The Tabitha Trust
The Tabitha Trust is a registered Public Benefit Organisation which also draws its name from Acts 9v36: “36 In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (in Greek her name is Dorcas); she was always doing good and helping the poor.”
The trust was founded to house Austen Dundas Properties gospel-based financial giving. Its values and mission are firmly grounded in biblical principles. The primary focus of the trust is the financial maintenance and support of various missionaries and gospel workers, as well as various ad-hoc gospel initiatives. This also includes:
- Financial support of churches and other non-S18A institutions which advance theological training in South Africa
- Financial support for missionaries and ministries around South Africa.
The Tabitha Trust is not S18A registered.